Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Consumer Reports: Average gas prices--April 26, 2010

How 'bout that, yet another reminder why we should all move to something free of gas:
Consumer Reports Cars Blog: Average gas prices--April 26, 2010

You have the choice to make the conscious decision of freeing yourself of this ridiculousness. It sounds overwhelming at first, but adjusting your life to fit life on two wheels without a motor works out just fine...if you let it.

The biggest argument I hear is that transferring "stuff" will be too difficult. Well, tell me again, why you needed that 52" flat panel LCD screen in your room?
Oh, you think its cheaper to buy a crate of spam at Costco instead of investing in a more local organic and self-sustaining alternative?

Yes, I might be visiting the local market more often during the week but so what? I stock less (if anything at all) in the freezer, I eat what I cook because I stock less and I'm less likely to look for bulk because bananas will only live for so long.

I don't live off the grass in the front yard (its actually still growing) but try to make conscious decisions to lead by example. I start with the bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment